The Volunteer Welcome Grant is available to help Units welcome new Leaders in Training and Unit Helpers by assisting with the cost of starting their volunteer journey with Girlguiding. The grant can be used for either the cost of the volunteer’s subscription, training or for uniform/members wear or a combination.
- You are eligible for this grant if you became an active new volunteer between 1 September 2023 and 15 March 2024. To be an active member you must have completed the correct level of a safe space for your role, your DBS must have been completed and your Commissioner has received two acceptable references which will enable you to have a membership number.
- You must be over 18 years old to apply.
- You cannot apply for this grant if you have previously held a role within the last three years.
- If successful, the grant will be paid to the Unit that you are registered with on GO. It cannot be paid to a personal bank account. If the unit does not have a bank account, then the grant will be paid to the District or Division.
- Applications will be processed on a first come, first served basis until the funding runs out. We aim to process your application within 28 days.
Items covered by the grant
- Uniform or member’s wear
- Volunteer subscription for 2024